Thursday 23 January 2014

Insurgent

Hi avid readers of the internet Becky here with another review on the popular book series "Divergent" by Veronica Roth
so are you sitting comfortably and I'll begin the story (like the play on words)
the synopsis of Insurgent is pretty simple we see Tris (Beatrice Prior) and Tobias and fellow abnegation (selfless faction) members run from The erudite faction and their leader Jeanine Matthews... We also see Tris come to terms with certain deaths in the first book we also find out the truth behind why Divergent's are a threat to the system! (No I shall not reveal spoilers so =P)  Now before I continue I shall remind you of the factions
Candor- Honesty 
Erudite- Intelligence
Amity- Peace 
Abnegation- Selflessness
 and the one no one wants to join
Factionless  I think we all know what this means; Almost all the characters are alive in this book I will not reveal who died and who survives so you shall have to read Insurgent for yourself,
the themes of the book are: Discrimination, War, Death and Corruption  
  Now the reason I love this book (I still prefer the hunger games as I feel a more emotional connection with the characters and I believe the love story between Katniss and Peeta Don't worry Divergent is next in the list of my favourite book SORRY FOR RAMBLING DON'T HATE ME NEITHER DIVERGENT FANS!!!) As I was saying I love the book because it proves it's ok to be different this book also proves that you can be whoever you want to be and that truly everyone is "Divergent" and that you can stand up for the people you care about and that's why so many people connect to this book just as much as the hunger games. to finish of my review I want to know what faction you would be in and if you were Divergent what factions would you have to choose from?

US and UK covers (US have the better covers)
I know I'd be Divergent I would have to choose between Erudite, Abnegation and Dauntless 
you can buy the books herehere, (uk only)here and (Uk only) here

as usual it was a pleasure blogging for you until the next post have a great day or night

No comments:

Post a Comment