Sunday 12 October 2014

Percy jackson and the Titans curse by Rick Riordan

Hi guys I'm back with another review and as you've already guessed by the title its the third instalment of the Percy Jackson series The titan's curse. (Just too let you know my reviews may be updated less frequently due to school)

So whats the story, well when finding two new demi-gods a member of the gang gets kidnapped and a goddess ends up in chains so Percy tries to save the day.

So in this book there are some new characters yay! Unfortunately people die in this book arrrrgggh (I feel your pain fankind) , so who are these lovely characters that may or may not die? well we have:
Percy Jackson:14 (or 13) year-old demigod and son of Poseidon
Thalia Grace: Thalia is a 15-year-old demigod daughter of Zeus
Annabeth Chase: Annabeth is a 14 year old demigod and the daughter of Athena
Grover Underwood: 28 year-old Satyr
Bianca Di Angelo: Bianca is a 12 year old demigod and the daughter of Hades
Nico Di Angelo:10 year old demigod son of Hades and older sister Bianca Di Angelo
Zoƫ Nightshade: First lieutenant of the Hunters of Artemis
Luke Castellan: 21-year-old demigod son of Hermes
Blackjack (Favourite character hasn't been killed yet): Pegasus whom Percy saved he's the coolest character ever

So why did I like the book? Well I really liked the humour i.e: That Dam cafe' etc which helped take the edge off of the danger and upset throughout the book.
I also like the fact it has a different opening and I like the characterisation of the characters and the backstories given to new characters like Zoe, which made me feel really bad for hating her throughout the entirety of the book, in the end she did make me like her (If you have read the book you'll understand)   I also like the strong sense of protection and care Bianca and Nico have for each over (End of the book and the middle of the book you'll get what I mean)    

What didn't I like about the book? I can't find much fault in the book really only thing I could say is that Percy felt like a side character and not very important and that he needed more recognition, and maybe some more respect from the Hunters (except Artemis she was very good to him)

Overall I loved the book and finished it within two days you can buy it here and here  

No comments:

Post a Comment